30 Lessons I’ve Learned In 30 Years
Today is July 31, 2017, and that means it is my 30th birthday!!! Wow, it has definitely been a journey. There have been highs and there have been lows but there are lessons to learn for both. This post is all about that! Check out the video below where I share 30 lessons that I have learned in 30 years.
Check out the Video below!
30 Lessons Learned
(These are the lessons found in the video. I tend to talk too fast at times, so just in case you missed it, these are my thirty lessons).
- Everyone isn’t going to like you.
- Be yourself at all time (it’s not worth it to compromise).
- If you’re going to go for it then give it your all.
- Life is shor. Spend time with loved ones.
- Pray about everything because prayer is important.
- Face your fears head on.
- Embrace myself fully – flaws and all.
- Accept people for who they are.
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean putting yourself back in the same predicament.
- Forgive yourself, get up, and keep going.
- Marriage can be hard at times but it is so worth it. I mean you are meshing two separate lives into one. Keep God at the center of your marriage.
- Don’t make anything more important than God.
- Never be too proud to apologize when I am wrong.
- Drink lots of water every day.
- Find ways to be active every day.
- Have a tight circle of friends that you can trust. Don’t go through life alone.
- I am a Christian and I don’t have all of the answers.
- Criticism isn’t always bad, take bits and pieces, and adjust.
- You can’t make grown folks do anything so don’t waste your energy.
- As a parent, it is okay to tell outsiders “I got this but thanks” (as a first-time mom a lot of the time moms who have been there and done that like to strongly suggest how you should or shouldn’t do things).
- Keep outsiders outside of your marital issues.
- Take pictures, write down your thoughts because it is great to look back on.
- Never give up!
- It’s okay to step outside of the box and go with the flow some times (I am a planner but I am learning to be spontaneous every now and again).
- Never stop learning.
- Keep an open mind. There are lessons to learn from any and everyone. Don’t count people out.
- Don’t compare your life to others’.
- Being kind to people makes a hard day a little easier.
- Find a way to laugh each day.
- It’s okay to treat yourself every now and again but don’t give in to every urge. Make sure to SAVE $$!
A Very Quick Update
By the way, I am currently 29 weeks pregnant. I almost have 10 weeks left until baby#2 is due to arrive. What an exciting time in our life! I am still dealing with the mystery complication but I am doing my best to stay positive. To learn what I am talking about click here.
My Oldest and Me
This is the last birthday that I will celebrate as a mommy of one. I am so blessed to have this amazing little angel in my life. We are looking forward to seeing this big sister in action.
Thank you for stopping by my channel and for dropping by on my birthday. I am truly blessed to see 30 years and I am looking forward to the many more lessons that lie ahead.
Come back again soon!